With an acceptance rate of 77%, Augusta University (formerly Georgia Regents University) is generally accessible to interested students. Along with an application, students will need to submit letters of recommendation, standardized test scores, a resume, and official high school transcripts. Specific programs may require additional materials; be sure to check out Augusta's website for full details.
Will You Get In?
Calculate Your Chances of Getting In with this free tool from Cappex
Admissions Data (2016)
- Augusta University Acceptance Rate: 77%
- Test Scores: 25th / 75th Percentile
- SAT Critical Reading: 470 / 570
- SAT Math: 470 / 570
- ACT Composite: 19 / 26
- ACT English: 20 / 26
- ACT Math: 19 / 25
Augusta University Description:
Augusta University has roots back to its founding in 1828, but the name was adopted in 2015 to rebrand Georgia Regents University. GRU had only come into existence in 2012 when Augusta State University and Georgia Health Sciences University merged, but the name faced trademark difficulty.
Augusta University is a public, four-year university located in Augusta, the second largest city in Georgia. After the merger of the two schools, it became home to roughly 9,000 students. The university offers a wide range of academic majors across its College of Education, Pamplin College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences, College of Science and Mathematics, Hull College of Business, College of Dental Medicine, College of Graduate Studies, College of Nursing, and the Medical College of Georgia.
Students looking for additional academic challenges and opportunities should look into the Honors Program. Augusta University is home to more than 100 student clubs and organizations, five fraternities and sororities, and a host of intramurals, including Table Tennis, 9 Ball Billiards, and Domino Tournaments. For intercollegiate athletics, the GRU Jaguars compete in the NCAA Division II Peach Belt Conference (PBC) with sports like tennis, cross country, and volleyball. The men's and women's golf teams play Division I, and the men's team has recently won their second National Division I Championship.
- Total Enrollment: 7,938 (5,133 undergraduates)
- Gender Breakdown: 36% Male / 64% Female
- 81% Full-time
Costs (2016 - 17)
- Tuition and Fees: $8,282 (in-state); $22,990 (out-of-state)
- Books: $2,000 (why so much?)
- Room and Board: $13,128
- Other Expenses: $1,800
- Total Cost: $20,632 (in-state); $35,340 (out-of-state)
Augusta University Financial Aid (2015 - 16)
- Percentage of New Students Receiving Aid: 93%
- Percentage of New Students Receiving Types of Aid
- Grants: 87%
- Loans: 47%
- Average Amount of Aid
- Grants: $7,162
- Loans: $5,068
- Most Popular Majors: Biology, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Early Childhood Education, Nursing, Psychology
- What major is right for you? Sign up to take the free "My Careers and Majors Quiz" at Cappex.
Transfer, Graduation and Retention Rates
- First Year Student Retention (full-time students): 75%
- Transfer Out Rate: 18%
- 4-Year Graduation Rate: 6%
- 6-Year Graduation Rate: 26%
National Center for Educational Statistics, Augusta University
If You Like Georgia Regents University, You May Also Like These Schools:
Augusta University Mission Statement:
mission statement from //www.augusta.edu/about/mission.php
"Our mission is to provide leadership and excellence in teaching, discovery, clinical care, and service as a student-centered comprehensive research university and academic health center with a wide range of programs from learning assistance through postdoctoral studies."